Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sooooo.....

I don't have a lot to say for this post but I know I should be posting more often...as "good blog" protocol requires. :) Sooooo, here are a few ramblings...

It snowed yesterday. I have four kids under six years old, well, five but one is tanning in the Glorious Son! Which is where I would choose to be over cold any day.....but I digress. Ok, so these four kids need to get some energy out and they really like playing in the snow so naturally I told them it was time to go outside. Do you have kids in your life? Have you ever gotten them ready to play in the snow? Craziness!! I move from the closet to the coat hooks, to the hat box and back again as they all swirl around me like a tornado. "Mommy, I need my....." Mommy, will you help me......" "Mommy, I can't....." "Mommy, I'm hot." "Mommy, I need to go potty."

So you get the picture. Finally, a half an hour later, everyone has found their hat, has two gloves (not necessarily matching) and is zipped up to their noses. Inevitably the last one out the door turns and sweetly says (as I am wiping the sweat from my brow) "Mommy, are you coming out to play with us?"
I take a deep breath as these responses float through my head "I can't. I have to change the laundry." "I can't. I have to do the dishes that are still on the counter from breakfast." "Are you kidding after that tornado, just give me some peace and quiet!" But then Something stops me and I can let the dirty dishes disappear from my vision, I forget about the laundry, the toys all over, how tired I am and answer her "Yes, I will be out in a minute." Then...
it takes ME a half an hour to find all my snow clothes and I finally get out there, and they want to come in.....

5 comments:

Alison said...

Yep. So true.
Love you.

Anonymous said...

Hey it's Amy. My mom used to go through the same thing! Get us all ready and shortly after we'd come crawling back in "I'm wet." "I'm cold." "I need to pee." You get the idea. :)

CJ Olson said...

I love this! So true....thanks for sharing.

Brenda Williams said...

Just remember, they are only little once. I now have three in college, and I remember the fun times we chucked schoolwork and played, but I never remember the dishes in the sink or laundry I should have been doing.

doug&margarethe said...

YOU know what is important! Your kyds are only small for a short while. They love when adults play with them.